The St. Mary’s Addiction & Recovery Ministry is committed to educating, connecting and ministering to all people in our community who are coping with the challenges of addiction.
For more information on this ministry, please contact Alyssa at 717.203.1892 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will hear back from us within 3-4 days. If you are looking for more immediate support please see the listing of services on this page. All information will be held in strictest confidence. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone without your permission.
The Ron James Story,, an inspiring film about the life of a local York man, Ron James. The film chronicles his emotional, heartfelt, amusing, and thought-provoking journey through his personal battles, decisions, addictions, and the consequences that led him to spending 25 years going in and out of prison. During his time in jail, he wrote a book about his life, and in 2018, his book was turned into a movie. Choices is a compelling, inspirational autobiography feature film that shares life-changing wisdom for anyone who wants to begin making better choices today. This is an impactful movie you won’t want to miss!
Tuesday, March 31
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Host: St. Mary’s Catholic Church – Addiction Recovery Ministry
119 S. Prince St., Lancaster, PA 17603
Fee: This is a free event but registration is highly suggested. A goodwill offering will be taken.
Parking Garage – Steinman Park Garage
Enter on S. Prince St or W. Vine St.
Rate: $2 per hour
“I haven’t stopped thinking about Ron’s challenge – that I have the power with every choice. Thanks for helping me understand…” — Susan L., FB Fan
Questions? Please call Pat Stratton at 717.419.6921
MASS OF HEALING
We at Saint Mary’s invite everyone to join us in a Mass of Healing
being offered for those who suffer with addiction,
and for the families and friends who love them.
March 25 at 7:00 p.m.
All are welcome in this historic church of acceptance where we hope you can find an hour of solace in your struggles. Everyone will be greeted and treated with dignity, understanding and confidentiality.
Free parking will be available at the Steinman ParkGarage across from the church. Enter on S. Prince St. or W. Vine St. For additional information, please call the Parish Office at 717-392-2578.
“… for nothing will be impossible for God”.
The angel Gabriel
St. Mary’s Church
corner of Prince and Vine Streets
You are not alone. Help is available through the following:
Lancaster County Drug & Alcohol Commission
150 N. Queen St., Lancaster, PA 17602
RASE Project of Lancaster
131 E. Orange St., Lancaster, PA 17602
Compass Mark, County Prevention
1891 Santa Barbara Drive, Suite 104, Lancaster, PA 17601
Project Lazarus Lancaster
515B Hershey Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857
Global Outreach for Addiction Leadership and Learning (GOAL Project)
313 W. Liberty Street, Suite 260, Lancaster, PA 17603
TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services
410 N. Prince St., Lancaster, PA 17603
Pennsylvania Counseling Services
40 Pearl St., Lancaster, PA 17603
545 Pershing Ave., Lancaster, PA 17602
436 N. Lime St., Lancaster, PA 17603
- PA Problem Gambling Hotline – Call (877) 565-2112.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call (800) 273-8255.
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741.
- Pennsylvania 2-1-1 East – Dial 2-1-1 from service area.
- AA Alcoholics Anonymous – (717) 394-3238, www.lancasteraa.org
- NA Narcotics Anonymous – (717) 393-4546, www.lancasterpana.org
- GA Gamblers Anonymous, Ephrata Lancaster – (855) 222-5542
FAMILY SUPPORT GROUPS
- Alanon/Alateen/Adult Children of Alcoholics – (877) 298-5027, www.al-anon.org
- Nar-Anon Family Group, Lancaster – (717) 285-2909
- Gam-Anon family Group, Ephrata – (412) 281-7484
- Saturday, December 14, 2019 – F.A.I.T.H. Initiatives Collaborative quarterly meeting
- Wednesday, March 25, 2019 – Mass for Healing from Addiction to be held at St. Mary’s at 7:00 p.m. We plan to make this a community event with the choir singing as well as offering the Sacrament of Reconciliation, possibly Eucharistic Adoration and fellowship.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2019 – Guest speaker Ron James to present his program ‘Choices’ – ronljames.com.
Spiritual Resources – Addiction (For those who have an addiction as well as for their families and loved ones)